Monday, January 14, 2013

Les Miserables - an epic Movie

I remember seeing the musical over 20 years ago in Sydney - I loved the history, the choruses, the music and the story of love, dreams and second chances. So I was keen to see the movie - apparently it was created for fans to give us a little bit more - and I must agree that the actual story was more accessible with access to a lot more scenary than the stage. I also appreciate that the actors sang in real time to accentuate the full experience - and this meant that we often saw close up scenes. So I must conclude that the movie was a faithful reconstruction of every moment in those 50 or more years - there was a lot of detail and at times I was feeling a little bored. My favourite songs were there and I did enjoy the ultimate challenge between being able to use second chances as Jean Valjean was able to, or not as was the case for Inspector Javert.

No comments:

Post a Comment