Friday, March 28, 2014

a rural golf weekend escape

As an alternative to a spa weekend, I was impressed by the Sedlescombe Golf Hotel as a weekend golf escape. The half day golf school began early with some structured teaching on the driving range, followed by a video analysis of my very personal bad habits, and supplemented by a video 'yes i can do it' improvement piece. It seems that I had remembered some useful advice from a previous lesson and overapplied it, to my detriment! So after a tasty smoked seafood lunch, we played the 18 hole long parkland course, to try out what was learned in the lesson. I needed time to deconstruct my game, lose a few balls and observe all sides of every fairway, before I could start to rebuild new and initially awkward habits. I loved the option for Saturday evening of choosing my own fresh seafood, which was purchased for me in the seafood market. I was advised that the halibut was not in season and opted for sardines that were char grilled and cooked with samphire, beans and mashed potato. It was good to revisit my new backswing movement on Sunday morning, and apply it to the short game and even on the putting green. Finally, it was fantastic to feel it all coming together again on the course on Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment