Thursday, November 3, 2011

my 1st birthday celebration -The Fish at Sutton Courtenay

It was so good to be able to meet up with Karen at The Fish - a wonderful traditional pub just south of Oxford, managed by a friendly French team... just taking time out of busy lives is so important...
The menu was simple but inviting - another menu that I could have almost closed my eyes and randomly pointed and I would not have felt disappointed - in essence it all sounded good!
We decided to share our starters - I decided on the crispy duck salad with cucumber, spring onion and hoi sin sauce and Karen opted for the avocado salad with home smoked chicken and prawn mayonnaise and I am not sure which one I enjoyed most...
Then for main course I chose the real treat than I could never prepare at home - seared venison on a bed of buttery mashed potato with some great long green beans, peas and carrots - all home cooked vegies which I never bother with on my own... and I was not too envious of Karen's seared scallops and leek risotto, which looked fantastic. We drank glasses of french beaujolais and cabernet sauvignon... all good for a fun catch up in a suitably busy atmosphere...

No comments:

Post a Comment