Thursday, October 20, 2011

repaying The Debt?

A superb film, sitting on the edge of my seat until the disappointing ending....
A very believable trio of the Mossad recount and revisit their dastly deeds in the 1960's in a skillfully recreated East Berlin - I recognised Tempelhof Airport and several street scenes were very believable. The dynamic tension between the two men and 1 woman is well acted in the past and the present and the way the captive Nazi Dr from Birkenau interacts with them is quite challenging to watch. I guess the moral question is whether people can live with lies for the benefit of country and family for all their lives ... it is difficult to imagine my own personal reaction and I think the ending may have been a bit too English highbrow for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment