Tuesday, December 13, 2011

More Surrealism at the Albertina - the Kaplan Collection


How lucky can one person be - to see 3 brilliant exhibitions in one museum, all connected by the common theme of surrealism - which for me is an extension of my art history and experience. Definitions abound but for me it is about representing emotions and the subconscious in a way that offers alternative perceptions of reality. I know that I don't always understand the whole picture, but accept that I usually enjoy the challenge in either an aesthetic or an intellectual way. I have always found Dali a bit tortured but his early work is quite simple.
I totally love the simplicity of Miro and there was a selection of the variety of ways he used two lithographs together to create an amazing sequence of work. So it was with an amazing sense of sensory overflow that I realised I was hungry and that it would be nice to appreciate the last of the afternoon light...

No comments:

Post a Comment