Friday, December 7, 2012

a space experience at the LA Science Centre

I remember hearing that the final journey of the space shuttle Endeavour was through the streets of LA, after trees had been lopped and telegraph lines and poles temporarily moved. So I was impressed when I realised that the new home of Endeavour, the LA Science Museum, was less than 5 minutes walk from my hotel. Being awake early, I did not need to queue for very long to book my timed visit. We were ushered through an interactive display, and encouraged to watch the video of its journey through the streets before being allowed into the giant 'shed' housing this monster. I was impressive with how educational and interactive the displays were and there were lots of proud parents sharing great stories with their children.
Later I decided to visit other areas of the Science Centre - loved the living kelp forest. A giant aquarium filled with fish and several divers. One diver was having an educational chat with a staff member outside the aquarium, eagerley watched by lots of children! The classic walking tunnel under this aquarium meant that you could see a small shark swimming above you!
And i really loved the flourescence of these jellyfish - there were so many educational exhibits...impressive

No comments:

Post a Comment