Thursday, December 6, 2012

Interpreting mexican food in Los Angeles

I guess it is logical that most offical signs and public announcements in LA are in English and Spanish. There seem to be a lot of people who have strong connections with neighbouring Mexico. This is also very evident in the number of Mexican restaurants. It seems that mexican food can be served fresh in a similar process manner to that used by Subway for its freshly made rolls.
Last night I visited the rather hip Freebirds World Burrito eating house just by the USC student village. 60's psychedelic decor, groovy music, hip staff and more choices than I usually make in a typical week shopping for food! So I had to brush up on my knowledge on different tortillas - and then having chosen a quesadilla, I could choose between plain, spinach and tomato. I opted to try the very green spinach and quite enjoyed the eating experience. I then made a direct contrast with another chain Chipotle, who claim to be a gourmet grill for mexican food. Their decor is certainly clean and crisp and their range of choices much more reasonable - they seem to concentrate on burritos and tacos, which makes it much easier to order!

No comments:

Post a Comment